Yes, You Can Cancel Your Divorce!


Pasadena divorce lawyers and sports fans across the country recently learned that Kobe and Vanessa Bryant have decided to call off their divorce. Last week, Vanessa announced the couple was getting back together in an Instagram message and Kobe confirmed the news on his Facebook page.

Kobe and Vanessa have a long history together. They met while shooting a music video when Vanessa was 18 and Kobe was 21. They became engaged six months later and in April of 2001 got married. They have two girls, Natalia (who will be 10 on January 19) and Gianna, who is 6. They are actively involved in various charitable activities through the Kobe and Vanessa Bryant Family Foundation.

The couple had originally cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for their divorce. No one can argue that they haven't been through a lot over the course of their marriage. Kobe was charged with sexual assault in 2003 and Vanessa stood by his side throughout the ordeal until the charges were eventually dropped.

It may sound strange for a couple on the brink of divorce to want to get back together, but the process of talking through a settlement negotiation can sometimes help a couple get through whatever issues they are having.

To cancel your Pasadena divorce, the person who started the divorce proceedings must file a Request for Dismissal (Form CIV-110). If you or your spouse filed for a joint summary dissolution, the person who started the proceedings needs to complete the Notice of Revocation of Petition for Summary Dissolution (Form FL-830).

If you and your spouse don't reconcile until after the judge grants a divorce, you can't go back in time and have the divorce canceled. However, you could choose to marry each other once more.

How Can We Help?

If you are in need of assistance for your Pasadena divorce, please call our office at (626) 683-8113 or email us at Our skilled attorneys can handle a variety of divorce-related concerns, including issues relating to alimony, child support, and the division of marital assets.